Whether you are considering an apprenticeship, a certificate, a diploma or a degree program, post-secondary education costs money and you need to be prepared for the expense. Scholarships can be a great way to help finance the expense. It's important to note that scholarships are typically based on conditional acceptance from a post-secondary institution, as scholarships are meant to help pay for school. You do not have to be fully accepted into a program at the time you apply for scholarships, but you do not get the money until you actually attend school.
Notre Dame 20th Anniversary Humanitarian Award - apply by May 10
Application Deadline: May 10, 2017
- Completed applications must be submitted to Student Services or the Career Center by 4:00 pm on Friday May 10, 2017.
- To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Notre Dame High School by giving ND students a bit of financial support to help increase their capacity to do good for others in the school and in the community.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as full time students of Notre Dame High School (grade 10, 11 or 12).
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership and motivational skills through participation in student, community, and / or business activities.
- Applicants must supply 2 letters of reference (only 1 of the 2 reference letters can be from Notre Dame High School).
How to Apply:
- Use your creativity (video submission, essay, cartoon, artwork, music) to share your story! Tell us how the money awarded will help you make a difference!
- The expectation of all successful recipients will be to present to the staff of Notre Dame during the 2017/2018 school year sharing details about how the funds were used to enable positive change.
- The award(s) will be presented to recipient(s) at the Annual Awards night in October.
Alberta Citizenship Award
In order to be considered as a nominee, submit your completed application to Mr. Stang or Mrs. McQuay by 4pm on Monday May 1st. Completed applications must include:
- Confirmation of Canadian Citizenship;
- A summary of leadership, community service, volunteer experience, where you have demonstrated initiative and have had a positive impact on your community/school;
- Two letters of reference;
- Confirmation of full time enrollment in a post secondary program.
Deadlines for these awards are just around the corner...
- Retail as a Career Scholarship Program - March 31
- Aboriginal Arts and Stories Challenge - March 31
- Belcourt Brosseau Métis Awards - March 31
- Rotary Career Opportunity Fund - April 18
See the Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries List for other awards!
Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries List
Use this list to get started on your search for scholarships, awards & bursaries. Use PDF zoom button to make information easier to read. Refer to the links provided in this sheet to verify the criteria and application information for each award.
First Nations, Metis and Inuit:
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
The application for the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship will be available in June 2017 for studies beginning in September 2017. See the Student Aid Alberta web site on how to apply.