Whether you are considering an apprenticeship, a certificate, a diploma or a degree program, post-secondary education costs money and you need to be prepared for the expense. Scholarships can be a great way to help finance the expense. It's important to note that scholarships are typically based on conditional acceptance from a post-secondary institution, as scholarships are meant to help pay for school. You do not have to be fully accepted into a program at the time you apply for scholarships, but you do not get the money until you actually attend school.
Deadlines for these awards are just around the corner...
- Colonel Douglas H. Gunter History Award - February 24
- David Bentley FCPA, FCA and Janet Bentley High School Excellence Award - February 28
- Young Emerging Professionals Award - February 28
- Alex Tutschek Award for Indigenous Student High School Achievement - February 28
- John Hasselfield Endowment Foundation - March 1
- The John Hasselfield award is not to be used for post-secondary tuition, but rather to help students pursue a passion they are financially challenged to achieve.
- Red Deer Arts Council Literary, Visual or Performing Arts Scholarships - March 3
- RE/MAX of Western Canada has renewed the Quest for Excellence - March 13
- Retail as a Career Scholarship Program - March 31
- SonoBoom - March 31
- Aboriginal Arts and Stories Challenge - March 31
- Belcourt Brosseau Métis Awards - March 31
- Rotary Career Opportunity Fund - April 18
See the Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries List for other awards!
Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries List
Use this list to get started on your search for scholarships, awards & bursaries. Use PDF zoom button to make information easier to read. Refer to the links provided in this sheet to verify the criteria and application information for each award.
First Nations, Metis and Inuit:
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
The application for the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship will be available in June 2017 for studies beginning in September 2017. See the Student Aid Alberta web site on how to apply.