Grade 10 Orientation 2016 - Surviving High School Handout
What is Student Services
- Educational Counselling - assists students to adopt a perspective that places high priority on planning their educational futures.
- Career Counselling - assists students and parents by providing developmentally appropriate programs and information on career planning, which assists students with the school-to-work transition further education after high school.
- Personal / Social Counselling - assisting student in learning to cope with the demands in their lives
- Student Support Centre – provides an in-school supervised area for exam writing, detentions and in-school suspensions.
- Mediation Assistance - assists students and their families with conflict resolution.
- Agency Information and Referrals - assists students with information and referrals to various agencies.
WHAT PROGRAMS ARE COORDINATED BY STUDENT SERVICES?
- Academic Awards
- Alberta Health Services
- Computer Assisted Career Exploration (Career Cruising)
- Exam Accommodations
- Family School Wellness
- Locker Inquiries
- Peer Coaching
- Police Liaison
- Post-Secondary Information Fair
- School Ambassadors
- Student Exchange Programs
- Student Financial Assistance
- Tutoring Referrals